Tuesday, 13 May 2014

London Delights

While being in London I have tried my best to do as much fun and inspiring things as possible. There is so much to do and see here.

London has got a lot of free museums. Some of them are the big museums everybody has heard of. They show some wonderful pieces. There is a piece in the Tate museum (which is next to my school) that I absolutely fell in love with called 'Brown Eyes' by George Clausen.


I also love being around Trafalgar Square and being able to pop into the National Gallery whenever I feel like it. There is something to say for the British stealing all that art and having to make it freely available to the people.

But London also has a lot of smaller museums that are absolutely wonderful. Some of them are private ones which you have to pay for but a lot of them are free as well. Such as the Hunterian or the John Soane museums which are relatively close to each other as well.


I have also been to two musicals. Stephen Ward and Once. Both of them were absolutely lovely. There are so many musicals in London and the musicals as well as the theaters are beautiful. 


Another thing I have visited is the Royal Academy of Music. They sometimes give out free concerts. 
While I was there they played Symphony no.2 in E flat by Franz Schmidt. When looking around the academy (they have a sort of museum within the school with instruments by Stradivari and other famous instrument builders) I stumbled upon a smaller performance there as well. It is a lovely place to be if you like classical music. 


There are without a doubt a lot of things I have not mentioned but these were a few of my cultural highlights. 

No comments:

Post a Comment